atmega8 microcontroller pin features
In this article described the hardware features of the AVR ATMega atmega 8 that is devoted to the type of PDIP, so for other types (QFN / MLF, TQPF) please refer to the specific datasheet only.
In addition to functioning as an input/output pins, a pin on AVR microcontroller can concurrently as other functions. For example at the AVR ATMega 8 microcontroller, PORTD.2 is an input / output pins, but this pin can also function as a trigger channel “external interrupt 0”. For more details, please follow the following explanation:
Description pin features on ATMega 8:
-VCC: supply voltage Microcontroller
– Port B is a port i / o 8bit with internal pull-up resistors on each pin.
– Buffer on port B AVR ATMega8 have the capacity to absorb (sink) and distribute (sorce)
– Lodging in PB.6 can be used as a crystal input (inverting oscillator amplifier) and input to the internal clock circuit depends on the setting of fuse bits (currently set software downloader / programmer) is used as a clock source.
– Especially for PB.7 port can be used as a crystal output (inverting oscillator amplifier output) depends upon the setting of fuse bits are used to select the clock source.
– If the clock source is the internal oscillator (internal clock, then PB6 and PB7 pin can be used as input / output (I / O pin) or if using Asyncronousu Timer / Counter2 then PB6 and PB7 (TOSC2 and TOSC1) used for counter input channels.
– PORTC.0 – PORTC.5 are input / output ports with internal pull-up resistor for each pin. Buffer in this PORT has the capacity to absorb (sink) and distribute (sorce). In addition, the PORTC in atmega8 microcontroller can function as port ADC (analog to digital converter).
– Reset / PORTC.6, is a pin that can function as a reset pin on the microcontroller program cycle. By way RSTDISBL fuse bit set as “unprogramed” and will be active when it gets a signal “low”. But if RSTDISBL set as “programed” then portC.6 will be used as input / usual output pins.
-PORTD.0 – PORTD.7 are input / output ports with internal pull-up resistor for each pin. Buffer Portc have the capacity to absorb (sink) and distribute (sorce).
– AVCC is the supply voltage pin for the analog to digital converter (ADC). Note: PORTC.5 and PORTC.6 using digital VCC supply voltage.
– Aref is an analog reference voltage pin for ADC
Arduino is a trademark that manufactures microcontroller development board. Arduino UNO is one type of development board produced by Arduino, and the new series is arduino uno R3.
Arduino UNO R3 is a computing platform that is very easy to use. Arduino UNO R3 is ATmega328P microcontroller based. According datasheet from ATmega328P, Arduino UNO R3 has a 14 pin digital input / output, and 6 of them can be used as PWM output pin. Arduino UNO R3 also has 6 analog inputs, has a 16MHz crystal, a USB port which can be used to download the program, a power jack, a reset button, and ICSP header.
how to optimized the arduino uno r3
Arduino features shown in the diagram above. Arduino UNO R3 provide + 5V, 3.3V and GND pin as a power source if needed by sensors or other devices. Users can also use the SDA and SCL pins on the pin number 27 and 28. Features ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) can be used on 23-28 pins. While the interrupt feature can be used on pin number 4 and 5 (pin number 4 is int0 and pin number 5 is int1). Serial communication (RX and TX) is provided on pin numbers 2 and 3.
arduino uno r3 layout diagram
Arduino Uno R3 design is very simple to facilitate the user in using it. On the left we will see an electric jack socket. Power jack is compatible to the power supply voltage 9-12V. In addition, we will see the USB port to communicate with a computer, either in downloading a program or data transfer via USB. As an indicator, arduino provides 4 LEDs. 1 for the power indicator, two LED indicators for serial communication (RX and TX), and 1 other LED connected at pin 13.
arduino uno r3 microcontroller pin mapping
The ATmega328 microcontroller datasheet shows the various features that can be used on the Arduino UNO R3.
arduino uno r3 board layout